beat it up.
To give your hat a worn in retro look,
sand the edges of the brim. This will cause your hat to fray over time.
Use sandpaper, files, emery boards or anything rough.
Or you could just wear it - a lot.
New Era 59Fifty caps are 100%
wool and will shrink if they become wet. So never wash it!
However, you can use this to your advantage if your cap is a little bit
Take a spray bottle of water and spray the headband. Dry it in the sun or
a good portable hair dryer.
Check regularly to make sure it's not shrinking too much. When you get the
right size leave it on your head to dry naturally.
There are many ways of getting the elusive
'perfect curve' for your bill:
Roll your own
- Hold your hat upside-down, brim facing you
- Using both hands, curl each end of the brim upward
until the ends meet
- Turn the hat over and roll the cylindrical brim
back and forth until you have your perfect curve
- Place an empty can of coke in
the cap's bill - make sure the bill fits snugly around the can
- Tie with elastic-band or any
thing else that could work. Let it sit for as long as you like
- Wrap the bill around a large
drinking glass and secure it in place with elastic bands
- Place the bill of your hat inside a
coffee mug over night.
- Next morning you will have the